Saturday, February 17, 2007

Joe's Day One - Arrival to Shannon

As Ed mentions in this blog, I got stuck in New York en route to the old country but I'm not going to dwell on that. I have finally arrived in Shannon...

After getting through customs, and into the baggage claim, I saw that a flight from Chicago had arrived. At that moment, I frantically looked for the KBGM (Katie Bobby Gino Molly) in a stealth manner as I wanted to sneak up on their sleepy heads. But no luck- they weren't there. The practical jokes would have to be delayed for another time.

At this point, I have no idea if they have flown in, or if Ed is around. After leaving baggage claim, Ed was there in the arrivals waiting area and boy, was I glad to see him. Interestingly, Sue Reidy Mulligan was there too waiting for her husband Jerry.

After KBGM landed it was now time to get on with our holiday. This would be my first opportunity to drive over there and I was a little nervous. Fortunately, it was a piece of cake and after a few days of the tight driving on the roads, it turned out to be a lot of fun!

So I'll let Ed take over from here...

The only other thing to contribute is the kids reaction to my elation of arriving in at the cottage in Kilmurry. "I can finally take off my socks....YES!!!" I wasn't really joking around, but apparently Bobby and Molly got a kick out of it.

Also, the session at Friels was a memorable one. Though it was just another weekend for the local musicians, it was a thrill for me to play with John Kelly, son of the well known Clare fiddler who also runs the fiddle classes during Willie Clancy week, Bernadette McCarthy and Brid O'Donohue. Thanks to all of them for putting up with me!

No comments: