Monday, February 19, 2007

Joe's Day Three - Helen & Denis

I'm not certain at what time we got started on this day, but I can assure you it wasn't before noon. The first stop was Molosky to see the ruins of the home where the Donnellan family started, and Katie did the traditional rock removal for a souvenier. We estimate by 2076 the house will be completely gone by Donnellan ancestors travelling overseas, gathering a piece of it to take home.


Now that our shoes were all muddy, it was time to pay a visit to our cousins Helen and Denis McGrath.
After getting a bite to eat, Ed received a call from Helen saying that she was able to locate the-unlocatable-in-the-states-movie, The Wind that Shakes the Barley. Though I was itchin' to get to a session, possibly in Doolin which was about an hour away, I'm certainly glad I stayed. It was by far one of the most intense movies I've seen in awhile.


Helen was also very, very generous with stuffing us with goodies afterwards and even had a cake made for Katie's birthday.


Helen and Denis are wonderful people. And I'm related to them.

No comments: